Roger Federer Returns To Wimbledon, Hoping For another Run On The Grass Next Year




Roger Federer came to Wimbledon on Sunday sporting a dark suit and looking out like a fictional character.


Next year he hopes to be back sporting all whites and enjoying court games at the All-England Club.


“I hope I will return another time,” the 20-time major champion and eight-time Wimbledon winner aforementioned to very large hand clapping at a celebration compliance a hundred years of Centre Court play.


Federer hasn’t vie since losing to Hubert Hurkacz within the Wimbledon quarterfinals a year past, obtaining bageled 6-0 within the third set. He underwent a 3rd knee surgery and can flip forty-one in August.


“I've lost being here,” Federer aforementioned. “I would have blue-eyed to be here. I knew walking out here last year, it had been gonna be a tricky year ahead. perhaps I did not assume it had been gonna take ME this long to return back however the knee has been rough on ME. however I have been happy.”


Federer plans to come back at Laver Cup in London Sept. 23-25 then play a people inside in Gregorian calendar month.


“I in person miss Roger within the {tennis|lawn court game|court game} tour and tennis, after all, miss him, tournaments, fans, everyone,” 22-time major champion Rafael Nadal aforementioned Saturday. “... I feel Roger Federer is very important in every single tournament. Not solely Wimbledon. he is a well-lost player in every single event of court game, while not a doubt.”


Federer’s agent Tony Godsick gave a timeline on Federer’s coming back in could.


“He won’t rush back now,” Godsick told normal Sport. “He can need to be 100 percent and grasp he’s 100 percent and that’s why he’s taking his time doing significant rehab and coaching. It’s not simply once the knee feels smart however increases the muscles and obtaining lungs back. I do know he’s inspired wherever he's.


“I don’t need to be the doctor however what I hope for him is to ready to have a good rehab this summer, play some within the fall, and provide a pleasant shot at 2023, then see what happens. I haven’t talked to him about that.


Godsick value-added of Wimbledon: “It was a good effort last year on one leg. and that I assume he’d like another Wimbledon. That place has been unbelievably special to him.”

 

Comments